Turn your passion for working with children into a career with a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
1 day per week (9.00am to 3.30pm) in the classroom (Tuesdays)
1 evening zoom class per week
1 – 2 days per week of online independent study via our Moodle
This course is considered Full time for Centrelink Purposes
The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment.
This training is delivered to eligible students with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding.
You must have personal access to:
- A digital device such as a computer or laptop with webcam capabilities for participating in virtual meetings with your assigned trainer and assessor
- A reliable Internet connection
- Speakers or headphones to watch and listen to videos provided as part of the learning materials in Moodle
- Software applications such as Word
- An active email account for communication and scheduling
NOTE: These requirements are essential for engaging in this qualification. YMCLC will not provide these for you during your enrolment with us.
Completion of this course is the minimum requirement to work in the early childhood education sector. This course will train you for an early childhood educator position where you will learn how to:
- Develop positive and respectful relationships with children ranging from birth to 6 years of age
- Use an approved learning framework to guide your practice
- Support children’s development holistically
- Provide experiences that support children’s play and learning
- Effectively interact and communicate with children
- Provide appropriate care for babies, toddlers, and children
- Work legally and ethically in an education and care setting
Throughout your training, the focus will be on empowering you with the knowledge and skills required by early childhood educators to care for and educate children aged from 6 weeks to 5 years of age in an early childhood setting.
- CHCECE030 Support inclusion and diversity
- CHCECE031 Support children’s health, safety and wellbeing
- CHCECE032 Nurture babies and toddlers
- CHCECE033 Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCECE034 Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCECE035 Support the holistic learning and development of children
- CHCECE036 Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
- CHCECE037 Support children to connect with the natural environment
- CHCECE038 Observe children to inform practice
- CHCECE054 Encourage understanding of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples’ cultures
- CHCECE055 Meet legal and ethical obligations in children’s education and care
- CHCECE056 Work effectively in children’s education and care
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTAID012 Provide first aid in an education and care setting
- HLTWHS001 Participation in workplace health and safety
- BSBSTR401 Promote innovation in team environments
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
There is a mandatory 160 hours of Practical Work Placement that must be completed for this course.
- A pre-training review must be attended prior to enrolment to determine whether this course will suit the individual learner.
- Learners must meet the Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills standards for Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care level study.
- Learners must obtain a Working with Children Check prior to work placement
- Learners must be at least 17 years of age and be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- People with a disability are encouraged to apply. Approval will be subject to the person being able to undertake all tasks and requirements of the course.
- COVID-19 double vaccination
The method of assessment varies and can include (but is not limited to):
- Observation in the workplace or simulated environment
- Written tasks, including quizzes
- Research tasks, including projects
- Oral Presentations
- Group Work
By successfully completing this course you will receive a nationally recognised AQF qualification.
Yarrawonga Mulwala Learning Centre