We are committed to being resourceful, innovative and responsive in our delivery of training and services to the community.
Under the Victorian Training Guarantee, a subsidised training place is guaranteed to eligible students. To be eligible, an individual must meet the following requirements:
- Be an Australian citizen; or
- Hold a permanent Visa; or
- Be a New Zealand citizen;
And on January 1st in the year of enrolment be:
- Under 20 years of age and seeking to enrol in nationally recognised training; or
- Over 20 years of age and seeking to enrol in nationally recognised training in an approved Foundation Skills List course; or
- Over 20 years of age and seeking to enrol in nationally recognised training in a course that is at a higher qualification level than the highest qualification currently held
In addition, an individual is only eligible to:
- Commence a maximum of two government subsidised courses in a calendar year
- Undertake a maximum of two government subsidised courses at any one time
- Commence a maximum of two government subsidised course at the same level in their lifetime
Students who do not fall into the above categories, are not eligible and cannot be subsidised, however can still complete the training at a fee-for-service rate.
Students need to provide one of the following:
- Australian Birth Certificate
- Current Australian or New Zealand Passport
- Naturalisation Certificate
- A green Medicare card
- Formal documentation issued by the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship confirming permanent residence
- A signed declaration by a relevant referee.
AND if age is relevant to eligibility, one of the following:
- Current drivers license or learner permit
- Proof of Age card
- A “Keypass” card
Enrolling certificate qualification/s will affect your future training options and eligibility for further government subsidised training under the Skills First Program.