Gain the skills and knowledge to design and implement curriculum, and maintain compliance in an early childhood service.
1 day per week (4.30pm to 8.30pm) in the classroom
1 evening zoom class per week
1 – 2 days per week of online independent study via our Moodle
This course is considered Full time for Centrelink Purposes.
The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment.
This training is delivered to eligible students with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding.
To be accepted into this course, you must hold either CHC30113 or CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care.
You must have personal access to:
- A digital device such as a computer or laptop with webcam capabilities for participating in virtual meetings with your assigned trainer and assessor
- A reliable Internet connection
- Speakers or headphones to watch and listen to videos provided as part of the learning materials in Moodle
- Software applications such as Word
- An active email account for communication and scheduling
NOTE: These requirements are essential for engaging in this qualification. YMCLC will not provide these for you during your enrolment with us.
This course will train you for the role of a senior educator in an early childhood education and care service, contributing to a safe and healthy environment, compliance, environmental responsibility, children’s learning, development and wellbeing.
Within the course you will learn how to develop and use emotional intelligence to support your work with children, families and the team of educators in the service.
Throughout your training, the focus will be on empowering you with the knowledge and competencies required by early childhood educators to analyse information to inform children’s learning, and plan and implement a child-focused curriculum that supports inclusion, learning, development, and wellbeing of all children in the service.
- CHCECE041 Maintain a safe and healthy environment for children
- CHCECE044 Facilitate compliance in an education and care service
- CHCECE050 Work in partnership with children’s families
- CHCECE049 Embed environmental responsibility in service operations
- CHCECE042 Foster holistic early childhood learning development and wellbeing
- CHCECE045 Foster positive and respectful interactions and behaviour in children
- CHCECE046 Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children
- CHCECE043 Nurture creativity in children
- CHCECE047 Analyse information to inform children’s learning
- CHCECE048 Plan and implement children’s education and care curriculum
- BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCINM002 Meet community information needs
- BSBPEF502 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBHRM413 Support the learning and development of teams and individuals
There is a mandatory 280 hours of Practical Work Placement that must be completed for this course.
- A pre-training review must be attended prior to enrolment to determine whether this course will suit the individual learner. During this review we conduct a LLND (Language, Literacy, Numeracy and Digital Skills) Assessment to ensure that individuals have sufficient skills to be able to cope with the content of the course, including the online aspects.
- Learners must meet the Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills standards for Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care level study.
- Learners must obtain a Working With Children Check prior to work placement
- Learners must be at least 17 years of age and be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- People with a disability are encouraged to apply. Approval will be subject to the person being able to undertake all tasks and requirements of the course.
COVID-19 triple vaccination is mandatory for all students undertaking this course to enable work placement to occur in an early childhood service.
The method of assessment varies and can include (but is not limited to):
- Observation in the workplace or simulated environment
- Written tasks, including quizzes
- Research tasks, including projects
- Oral Presentations
- Group Work
By successfully completing this course you will receive a nationally recognised AQF qualification.
Yarrawonga Mulwala Learning Centre