This course is a must for anyone looking to start work in the hospitality industry.
This course is for people handling food in a café, restaurant, school canteen, hotel, supermarkets, fast food outlet, sandwich shop, catering operations or other food retail outlets, under supervision. It covers the skill and knowledge requirements common to all States and Territories. Some legislative requirements and knowledge will differ across borders, however you will learn to:
- Understand the obligations of food handlers under current legislation
- Learn the correct ways of food handling and storage
- Identify potential hygiene risks
- Implement correct methods of cleaning and sanitising
- Maintain correct standards of personal hygiene for food handlers
Reduce the risk of food-borne illness (food poisoning)
You will be assessed on active participation in the classroom, including group activities, question and answers and a written assessment.
Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for the unit SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for safe food handling
Yarrawonga Mulwala Learning Centre
On site – Contact us to arrange