Learn best practice strategies for responsible service of alcohol
You must be at least 17 years of age to complete this course. Note that you will not be able to work in a licensed premises and serve alcohol until you are 18 years of age.
Pathways might include employment as a bar steward or further study such as SITHGAM022 Provide responsible gambling services.
This course is Nationally Accredited and applies to anyone working in NSW or Victoria where alcohol is sold or served, including all types of hospitality, tourism and events venues, packaged liquor outlets and wineries, breweries and distilleries.
The training is face-to-face and covers the following:
- How to recognise and professionally deal with intoxicated customers and underage persons
- Creation of safe and social atmospheres at venues
- Liquor licensing requirements of staff
- SITHFAB021 Provide responsible service of alcohol
You will be assessed on active participation in the class room, including group activities, role plays, question and answer, scenarios, as well as a written assessment.
Once the course has been completed, you will be issued with:
- Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for SITHFAB021 Provide responsible service of alcohol
- Interim certificate from NSW Department of Industry (which you can work with for 90 days until you obtain your NSW Competency Card which is valid for 5 years)
- Official Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation certificate (valid for 3 years)
Yarrawonga Mulwala Learning Centre
On site – Contact us to arrange