A targeted first aid approach for those working in early childhood or education.
This is a blended course with self-paced online learning (e-Learning) and face-to-face training. Before attending the face-to-face training, students will need to complete their e-Learning which can be done in one sitting or over several sessions. Depending on the student's learning ability, they should allow up to 8 hours for reading and e-Learning. Face-to-face training and assessment takes approximately 7 hours in a classroom environment (9.30am to 5.00pm).
As part of the First Aid course, you are required to complete online pre-learning activities at least 24 hours prior to your class date. These activities are completed via our online Moodle, and students should allow up to 8 hours to complete the required readings and knowledge quizzes. Students will need to provide a current email address on enrolment to receive their Yarrawonga Education & Training Moodle login instructions.
In this course, you will learn the skills and knowledge to be able to provide basic life support, manage casualties, the incident, and other first aiders, until qualified emergency help arrives at the scene of the incident, plus much more!
This course covers:
- CPR techniques on adults, children, and infants
- incident reporting
- how to properly assess an emergency situation
- using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- first aid procedures for bleeding, burns, and fractures
- managing medical conditions such as epilepsy, anaphylaxis, and asthma
- managing medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons, and choking
- infection control procedures
- managing exposure to extreme temperatures
- administering first aid for eye & soft tissue injuries
- assessing and moving sick & injured
- legal responsibilities of a first aider
- basic anatomy
- managing shock
- additional training in childcare specific aspects of first aid
- and much, much more!
Participants of this unit must be actively engaged in the early childhood education and care sector and understand the legislation and requirements of the National Quality Framework. Participants not in the early childhood education and care industry have no benefit in completing this unit and should complete the HLTAID011 Provide First Aid if they require a first-aid certificate.
If you have ANY special needs ( eg, language / literacy / numeracy difficulties, physical disabilities etc ) that you think may impact on your ability to complete this training please let us know prior to enrolling.
Written, practical and scenario-based assessment.
Please note: It is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed on an adult and child resuscitation manikin placed on the floor, and an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface.
It is recommended that students wear loose fitting clothing on the day of their practical assessment.
By successfully completing this course you will receive a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for:
- HLTAID012 Provide first aid in an education and care setting valid for 36 months (3 years) from the date of course completion
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid valid for 36 months (3 years) from the date of course completion
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation valid for 12 months from the date of course completion
It is recommended by the ARC that first aid skills be renewed every 3 years and CPR be undertaken every 12 months.
Yarrawonga Mulwala Learning Centre
On site – Contact us to arrange